I’m realizing now that this may actually be too late to share, BUT then again…some people need last minute ideas & love to live on the edge.
Thus, here is the last minute Hand Lettering Christmas Wishlist.
The items on this list are either a great thing to get for your loved one who enjoys hand lettering OR are things that I think you should put on your wish list!
A lot of these items can actually be found at Hobby Lobby or Blick Art Stores- so be sure to check there as well as these websites I’ve provided!
- FineTec Gold Palette – this gold palette is praised for it’s gorgeous golden shimmer & said to be the best! I have some coming in the mail right now.
- Rhodia Notepad – this is the softest paper you’ll probably ever touch. It’s perfect for all forms of hand lettering as your nibs won’t get caught on the paper & the ink won’t blot. It is available in blank, grid, and dot pads.
- A Calligraphy Starter Kit
- A Brush Calligraphy Starter Kit
- Handcrafted Pen Holder (there are many different places to find these!)
- Modern Calligraphy Summit Registration ($$$$)
- A Calligraphy One-Step-Above Starter Kit
- Handlettered Personalized Return Address Stamp (you can even do some research to see if their hand lettering can be put on the stamp- it CAN be done!)
- Resealable Cellophane Bags (if they have an Etsy & sell prints, these would be SO helpful!)
- Envelope Drying Rack
- Dinky Dips
- Pentel Aquash Water Brush – water color brush lettering is made really simple with this pen! I love it.
- Pentel Fude Touch Sign Pen
- Dr. Martin’s Bleedproof White Ink
- Folded Horizon Pen – I’ve yet to use one of these, but I guess that makes this whole thing a genuine wish list. I’ve been wanting to try a folded pen really bad. I’m hoping to get one soon!
Okay, so by now I’m sure you can tell that I adore Rhodia notepads & have an obsession with brush pens. But I really think that these are some practical ideas of what you can get for your hand lettering loved ones!